The Charitable Projects Committee of the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild asked each member to create an 8-inch wonky cross block out of fabric of their choice for our first project. We collected them a few months ago and I said I would finish it off. I joined all the blocks at a Saturday Sew, then set it aside. The holidays and life got in the way, but I finally got to it this past weekend. This month's challenge was to recycle something into a quilt or block, so I used a donated home dec fabric panel for the back. It is polished cotton chintz and looks like it was a drapery panel at one time. I took out the top and bottom hems and the stiffening that was sewn into each side hem. It was the perfect width for the top. I quilted it with a panto on my longarm, the first time I've done a panto.
I bound it with donation fabric also. (I'm the keeper of all the donated fabric, so I have easy access.) It was stiff with the polished cotton on the back so I threw it in the washer and dryer to see how it would turn out. It's now nice and soft and wrinkly. It should make someone happy!
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!